Master of Science in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management – 12-month programme
The Master of Science in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) is a 12-month online programme, specially designed for candidates who have completed the Post Graduate Diploma course in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management from Empower School of Health. With this course, students will be able to explore job opportunities (and career growth) with Ministries of Health, UN agencies, donors organizations, private sector, and international NGOs.
The Master of Science in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management is a 12-month online programme, specially designed for candidates who have completed the Post Graduate Diploma course in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management from Empower School of Health. The course is developed by Empower School of Health in collaboration with UNITAR (United Nations Institute for Training and Research). UNITAR is an autonomous body within the United Nations with a mission to develop the individual, institutional and organizational capacities of countries through high quality learning solutions. The course is structured to have 8 modules covering all key topics. For the last two-three months, the candidate works on a ‘problem-solution’ (PSM plan) linked to their own organization or country.
- You will be prepared for a global career in PSM
- You gain a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of procurement and supply chain management and its linkages with global health
- You learn management structures and systems required for effective operations of PSM
- You are able to assess risks and address supply chain bottlenecks
- You can design and execute projects for making PSM more effective
- You learn and apply leadership and management skills to help you grow in your career
The course is for aspirants who would like to prepare for the world of procurement and supply chain of healthcare products and learn to manage PSM challenges in healthcare systems. Specifically, the course is designed for pharmacists, doctors, scientists, engineers and management professionals, and any graduate or professional who is interested in becoming a supply chain/logistics professional.
Eligibility for joining the course:
- To have completed the Post Graduate Diploma course in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management from Empower School of Health.
- To have completed, at minimum a bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- To have a prior work experience (preferably, though not necessary).
- To be able to communicate confidently in English language (written and verbal).
- To fill out an application form, and complete a personal essay.
- To be able to commit at least 25 hours per month over a period of 12 months (approximately an hour a day).
- Effective Responses of The Public Health Procurement and Supply Chain to The COVID Pandemic and Future Proofing Supply Systems
- Emergency, Pandemic and Humanitarian Public Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management for Medical Devices, Diagnostics and Equipments (MDDE)
- Introducing New Health Technologies into Public Health Supply Chains
- Managing Product Quality Assurance in Public Sector Procurement and Supply Chains
- Risk Management in Public Health Procurement and Supply Chains
- Financial Evaluation of Investments in Public Health Supply Chain (in partnership with Global Fund)
- Master’s Thesis
- Course fees: USD 5,500 (exclusive of taxes and bank charges)
- Please speak to your training coordinator to find out more about scholarships
- Payment terms: 2 equal installments within 8 months of commencement of the course
- Accredited Master of Science graduation certificate for successful candidates
- E-tutoring and case study mentoring
- Exam fees and case study evaluation
- 12 months of technical support on any PSM topic related to your work or this course
- Internship and live project opportunities with leading organizations for top performers
- Digital graduation certificate with QR verification (‘physical’ graduation box is optional)
For Desktop or Laptop:
- Minimum bandwidth of 1mbps (4mbps recommended)
- Processor: i3 or higher recommended.
- RAM: 2GB (min), 4GB or more is recommended.
- Supported browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 4.x and higher, Google Chrome 100.0.4
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS 8, Linux, Solaris
- Android 4.4 or higher recommended
- iOS 12 or higher
- Minimum 4GB RAM