Online Post Graduate Diploma in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management
The Post Graduate Diploma in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) is a 12-month online programme, developed by Empower School of Health in collaboration with Kent State University, US.
The course prepares the participants for the world of procurement and supply chain of healthcare products. It provides a solid overview of PSM issues including the role of government policies, donors, manufacturers, procurement agents, and more.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) is a 12-month online programme, developed by Empower School of health in collaboration with Kent State University. Kent State University is a public research university and one of the largest Universities in Ohio, United States.
This is a 12-month self-paced course and has 9 modules covering all key topics. For the last two months, the candidate works on a ‘problem-solution’ focused research project that is related to their own organization or country.
On completion of this course, the students will be awarded diploma certificates from Empower School of Health and Kent State University (US).
- Prepares students for a global career in PSM
- Gain a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of procurement and supply chain management and its linkages with global health
- Learn management structures and systems required for effective operations of PSM
- Be able to assess and address supply chain bottlenecks
- Design & execute projects for making PSM more effective
- Personal and professional growth in terms of leadership and management skills
The course is targeted at health professionals in public health programs (donors, government, NGOs, civil society, academia) and people interested in becoming supply chain/logistics professionals.
Candidates are required:
- To be able to operate confidently in both written and spoken English language.
- To be able to commit at least 25 hours per month over a period of 12 months.
- To have completed, at minimum a bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- Prior work experience is preferred, though not necessary.
The course covers the following modules:
- Introduction to Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Public Health Commodities
- Quantification and Supply Planning
- Global Health Procurement
- Inventory Management
- Storage & Distribution
- Rational Use of Medicines
- PSM Support Functions & Systems
- Leadership in Global Health
- Final Case Study
Course fees: USD 2,500 (exclusive of taxes and bank charges)
- Official diploma certificate
- E-tutoring and case study mentoring
- Exam fees and case study evaluation
- 12 months of technical support on any PSM topic related to your work or this course
- Internship and live project opportunities with leading organizations for top performers
For Desktop or Laptop:
- Minimum bandwidth of 1mbps (4mbps recommended)
- Processor: i3 or higher recommended.
- RAM: 2GB (min), 4GB or more is recommended.
- Supported browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 4.x and higher, Google Chrome 100.0.4
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS 8, Linux, Solaris
- Android 4.4 or higher recommended
- iOS 12 or higher
- Minimum 4GB RAM