Online Post Graduate Diploma in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management
The Post Graduate Diploma in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) is a 12-month online programme, specially designed by Empower School of health in collaboration with United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).
This course concentrates on procurement and supply chain management of healthcare products crucial supply chain functions combining internationally accepted proficiencies with the public health situations.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) is a 12-month online programme, specially designed by Empower School of health in collaboration with United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR). UNITAR is an autonomous body within the United Nations with a mission to develop the individual, institutional and organizational capacities of countries through high quality learning solutions.
This is a 12-month self-paced course and has 8 modules covering all key topics. For the last two months, the candidate works on a ‘problem-solution’ focused research project that is related to their own organization or country.
On completion of this course, the student will be awarded a joint diploma certificate from Empower School of Health and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research.
- Prepares students for a global career in PSM
- Gain a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of procurement and supply chain management and its linkages with global health
- Learn management structures and systems required for effective operations of PSM
- Be able to assess and address supply chain bottlenecks
- Design & execute projects for making PSM more effective
- Personal and professional growth in terms of leadership and management skills
The course is targeted at health professionals in public health programs (donors, government, NGOs, civil society, academia) and people interested in becoming supply chain/logistics professionals.
Candidates are required:
- To be able to operate confidently in both written and spoken English language.
- To be able to commit at least 25 hours per month over a period of 12 months.
- To have completed, at minimum a bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- Prior work experience is preferred, though not necessary.
The course covers the following modules:
- Introduction to Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Public Health Commodities
- Quantification and Supply Planning
- Global Health Procurement
- Inventory Management
- Storage & Distribution
- Rational Use of Medicines
- PSM Support Functions & Systems
- Leadership in Global Health
- Final Case Study
Course fees: USD 2,500 (exclusive of taxes and bank charges)
- Official diploma certificate
- E-tutoring and case study mentoring
- Exam fees and case study evaluation
- 12 months of technical support on any PSM topic related to your work or this course
- Internship and live project opportunities with leading organizations for top performers
For Desktop or Laptop:
- Minimum bandwidth of 1mbps (4mbps recommended)
- Processor: i3 or higher recommended.
- RAM: 2GB (min), 4GB or more is recommended.
- Supported browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 4.x and higher, Google Chrome 100.0.4
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS 8, Linux, Solaris
- Android 4.4 or higher recommended
- iOS 12 or higher
- Minimum 4GB RAM