Storage and Distribution of Public Health Products
This certificate programme imparts knowledge of WHO’s Good Storage and Distribution Practices, warehouse processes, transportation systems, and techniques on maintaining a cold chain. After finishing the course, learners can implement this knowledge in their country.
This Certificate programme imparts knowledge of WHO’s Good Storage and Distribution Practices, warehouse processes, transportation systems, and techniques on maintaining a cold chain. The focus will be on the design of country distribution systems, the effectiveness of the system, and the level of responsiveness. This practical and highly useful course includes topics such as Goals of Storage and Distribution, What the Distribution Cycle is constituted of. We simplify your understanding of how complex Distribution System Design is done, What Good Storage Practices are, How Resources and Cost Analysis is carried out, and how Improvements and Replacements are considered. To understand the factors and elements necessary for designing an effective distribution system, recognize different resources required for effective and efficient management of storage and distribution, and highlighting the factors responsible for and the processes required to undertake improvement and replacement in a distribution system.
- Opportunities with leading organizations (UN organizations and Ministries of Health)
- On-demand mentorship on PSCM subjects related to Public Health
- A holistic understanding of supply chain - Empower Yourself for Global Health Leadership
The course would be open to:
- Applicants currently engaged in public health-related activities.
- Applicants with graduate/post-graduate qualifications, and working within procurement and supply chain management, healthcare administration, or pharmaceutical functions.
- Candidates with relevant work experience in public health with governmental and/or health-related organizations/NGOs would be preferred.
- Introduction - Storage and Distribution
- Chapter 1 - Goals of Storage and Distribution
- Chapter 2 - Distribution Cycle
- Chapter 3 - Distribution System Design
- Chapter 4 - Good Storage Practices
- Chapter 5 - Resources and Cost Analysis
- Chapter 6 - Private Sector Options
- Chapter 7 - Considering Improvements and Replacements
- Course fees: USD 500 (exclusive of taxes and bank charges)
- Early bird and group registration discounts available.
For Desktop or Laptop:
- Minimum bandwidth of 1mbps (4mbps recommended)
- Processor: i3 or higher recommended.
- RAM: 2GB (min), 4GB or more is recommended.
- Supported browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 4.x and higher, Google Chrome 100.0.4
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS 8, Linux, Solaris
- Android 4.4 or higher recommended
- iOS 12 or higher
- Minimum 4GB RAM
- Course language - English.
- The course is broken into 7 chapters and 1 final assessment to qualify for a certificate.
- Pre-recorded lectures (chapter wise), case studies, quizzes, and self-learning materials.
- E-mail tutorial support and group discussion through a web-based system.
Students will be evaluated throughout the tenure of course with multiple choice questions.