Procurement in Public Health
This programme enables one to understand the processes, personnel, and standards applied as well as the country's capacity to carry out effective procurement by focusing on principles of good procurement practice, writing of procurement plans, and types of procurement methods.
The certificate programme enables the students to understand the processes, personnel, and standards applied as well as the country's capacity to carry out effective procurement by focusing on principles of good procurement practice, writing of procurement plans, and types of procurement methods. This course is developed to get you acquainted with all the steps involved in a typical global health procurement life-cycle and get insights into the activities and intricacies entailed in each step of the procurement cycle. It provides a better understanding of the fundamentals of market supply and demand, pharmaceutical market pricing and its impact on global health procurement; the ability to recognize the key components that ensure efficient procurement management, and comprehend the need and methodology for undertaking an assessment of a country procurement system.
- Opportunities with leading organizations (UN organizations and Ministries of Health)
- On-demand mentorship on PSCM subjects related to Public Health.
- A holistic understanding of supply chain - Empower Yourself for Global Health Leadership.
The course would be open to:
- Applicants currently engaged in public health-related activities.
- Applicants with graduate/post-graduate qualifications, and working within procurement and supply chain management, healthcare administration, or pharmaceutical functions.
- Candidates with relevant work experience in public health with governmental and/or health-related organizations/NGOs would be preferred.
- Introduction - Procurement Cycle
- Chapter 1 - Factors Influencing Prices
- Chapter 2 - Procurement Methods
- Chapter 3 - Good Pharmaceutical Procurement
- Chapter 4 - Supplier selection methodology
- Chapter 5 - Procurement Management
- Chapter 6 - Financial Sustainability
- Chapter 7 - Procurement Assessment
- Course fees: USD 400 (exclusive of taxes and bank charges)
- Early bird and group registration discounts available.
For Desktop or Laptop:
- Minimum bandwidth of 1mbps (4mbps recommended)
- Processor: i3 or higher recommended.
- RAM: 2GB (min), 4GB or more is recommended.
- Supported browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox 4.x and higher, Google Chrome 100.0.4
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS 8, Linux, Solaris
- Android 4.4 or higher recommended
- iOS 12 or higher
- Minimum 4GB RAM
- Course language - English.
- The course is broken into 7 chapters and 1 final assessment to qualify for a certificate.
- Pre-recorded lectures (chapter wise), case studies, quizzes and self-learning materials.
- E-mail tutorial support and group discussion through web based system.
Students will be evaluated throughout the tenure of course with multiple choice questions.